PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PRIVACY NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SYKI WEBSITE.
Syki Products Inc. is committed to safeguarding any personal data you convey to us, including via our website www.sykiproducts.com. In line with this commitment, the following is a description of Syki’s security measures, its policies regarding the nature of personal data gathered, its reasons for gathering such data, and the use made of such data. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal data and how you can access, update and erase this data.
By visiting our Site or otherwise procuring or using our products, including by purchasing products in retail stores or on the Site, posting on our blogs, making other submissions to the Site, or providing us with personal data, you acknowledge that you accept the principles and practices outlined in this privacy notice, and you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. By contacting us at the coordinates provided in the Contact Us section below, you may change or withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to any applicable legal or contractual restrictions. We will inform you whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual obligation and the possible consequences if you choose not to provide such personal data to us.
If you provide us with personal data about another person, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all necessary consents from that other person to permit us to use that personal data as set forth in this privacy notice. You will be the only person liable in connection with the disclosure of personal data about any such person. Accordingly, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from any liability, loss, claims, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to any unauthorized disclosure of personal data about any such person.
If you have questions or complaints regarding our privacy notice or practices, please Contact Us.
DATA COLLECTION AND USE
Syki is the controller of your personal data and is responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law. We collect personal data from you when you use our Site; for example, when you purchase products, register products, create an account, sign up to receive our emails, enter contests, post on our blogs, apply for jobs and make other submissions. We may also collect your personal data from third parties to whom you have provided it (such as financial institutions (where e-commerce is available on the Site) and social networking websites or applications), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. We may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site, where they come from, and what content on our Site is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site to our visitors.
We may use your personal data to:
- Send you requested product or service information (where e-commerce is available on the Site)
- Send product updates or warranty information (where e-commerce is available on the Site)
- Process orders and transactions (where e-commerce is available on the Site)
- Communicate with you about our products
- Make offers to you
- Help us target specific products to you
- Help us develop and improve our Site and tailor it to your interests
- Improve your online shopping experience (where e-commerce is available on the Site)
- Improve our Site and other marketing efforts
- Personalize your experience on our Site through your profile and preferences
- Keep track of and analyze your purchases, transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, payment history, etc. (where e-commerce is available on the Site)
- Process your requests and submissions
- Respond to customer service requests
- Improve our customer service
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Conduct surveys and analyses for research, statistical and product design and development purposes
- Create aggregate data
- Process your job applications and address other recruitment and employment matters
- Administer promotions and contests
- Protect you and us from error and fraud
- Comply with legal and governmental requirements
- Achieve any other purposes as may be permitted by law from time to time
We may disclose your personal data:- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
– when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
– if Syki is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data. In any event, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to any third party that acquires all or substantially all of the Syki business or its online commerce operations or the Site.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OR OTHER DATA PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.